Basic Operations for Recording
- Wi-Fi connection
- Tap theto display the recording screen
Taking a still pictureWhen Burst mode has been set, tapto take multiple pictures in quick succession.
Recording a videoVideo recording is started. Tap again to stop recording video.
Zoom(If zooming by remote operation possible, it will be displayed.)
Tap the icons below to perform each setting.
If you tapor, the icons below will be displayed.
If you taporagain, you will return to the original screen.
|Simply touch the subject you want to focus on, and it will automatically focus and release the shutter.|
|You can easily optimize the brightness in the position that you touched.|
|You can select the focus method depending on the position and number of the subjects.|
|Set the Aperture, Shutter Speed, and Program Shift, etc.|
|Compensation will be made if you cannot obtain proper exposure, such as when there is a great difference between the brightness of the subject and the background.|
|Sets the drive mode.|
|Adjust White Balance.|
|Set Sensitivity (sensitivity to light).|
*1 The icon display will change depending on the digital camera's settings.
*2 Use the mode dial on the digital camera to change the recording settings.
*3 Use the drive mode dial on the digital camera to change the recording settings.
Tapto display information (settings etc.) on the top and bottom of the recording screen. You can cancel the displayed information by tapping again.
Tapto display other recording settings and to perform settings such as [Post Focus].
- The displayed contents are some of the settings that can be changed on the digital camera.
Depending on the recording mode or settings, the contents displayed may vary.
The method of operation may also differ from the digital camera.
- After changing settings, the quality of the image displayed on your smartphone can differ from the image displayed on your digital camera. It is recommended that you check image quality using the playback screen on your digital camera.
Recording 4K Photos
You can select the desired moment from a burst of pictures taken at 30 frames/second and save that moment as a picture of 8 million pixels (approx.).
- Select the recording method
Item Tap method or number of taps Recording is performed 4K Burst Long tap While tapping 4K Burst(S/S) 2 times
From the start to the end of shooting 4K Pre-Burst 1 time Approximately 1 second before and after tapping
- Taking still pictures
- Tap method and number of shots for eachdiffers depending on the recording setting.
Add a marker to interesting scenes while recording
While recording in 4K Burst (S/S), you can add a marker by tapping.
You can check pictures with markers on the digital camera itself.
Taking pictures using the Touch Shutter function
Simply touch the subject you want to focus on, and it will automatically focus and release the shutter.
- Icon will change to, and taking a picture with the Touch Shutter function becomes possible.
2. Touch the subject you wish to focus on, and then take a picture
- The picture is taken when the focus is achieved.
- Taponce again to cancel the Touch Shutter function.
Easily optimizing the brightness for a specified area (Touch AE)
- Optimizing the focus and brightness in the position touched
When setting [Touch AF] to [AF+AE] in [Touch Settings] in the [Custom] menu on the digital camera, you can optimize the focus and brightness in the area you touch.
Touch the subject for which you would like to optimize the brightness to display the AF area frame and brightness optimization position. The brightness and focus can be optimized in the same area.
- Tapto cancel the setting.
- When using Manual Focus, tapto optimize only the brightness.
- Optimizing only the brightness in the position touched
If the [Touch Settings] are different from those above, you can only optimize the brightness for the area that has been touched.
2. Touch the subject for which you would like to optimize the brightness
3. Tap [Set]
- This will optimize the brightness in the position touched.
- Tapto cancel the brightness optimization position.
(For iOS devices)
- Tapto return to the previous screen.
(For Android devices)
- Tap the return button of the device you are using to return to the previous screen.
Taking pictures with an automatic focus point (Auto Focus)
When the digital camera is set to Auto Focus, touching the screen will display the AF area frame, and the point of focus can be adjusted.
Explanation follows below.
|[Face/Eye Detection]||Recognizes people's faces and eyes, adjusts focus point and exposure.|
|[Tracking]||Adjusts to the set subject and exposure. The focus point and exposure will follow even if the subject moves.|
|[49-Area]||When the subject is not the center of the screen, AF area can focus on up to 49-Areas.|
|[Custom Multi]*||Select the AF area that matches the subject from the 49 AF areas to configure the AF area's shape freely.
* When taking still pictures with [Custom Multi], the AF area set with the digital camera will be used. The AF area's settings cannot be customized from this application. Configure the settings for the digital camera in advance. When tapping your smartphone screen, it won't adjust the focus point.
|[1-Area]||After the focus point has been selected, the AF area frame in the center of the screen will focus accordingly.|
|[Pinpoint]||When you want to focus on a point smaller than [1-Area], use the enlarged view and select a focus point.|
- Tapto clear the AF area frame settings.
- Tap [Reset] to return the AF area frame to the center of the screen.
- When changing Auto Focus Mode, you can change the digital camera's settings or change settings with the icon* on the screen.
* When using a smartphone, taporto display icon.
Setting the focus point manually after adjusting the automatic focus point (AF+MF)
If [AF+MF] is active in the digital camera custom menu, when the focus mode is set to [AFS], a Manual Focus slide bar will be displayed, allowing you to adjust the focus point manually. Tap the slide bar to switch to MF Assist and display the enlarged screen. Set the focus point and tapto take a picture.
- If you tap [Exit] before tapping, your settings will be discarded and you will be returned to the Auto Focus screen.
Manually selecting focus point (Manual Focus)
When the digital camera is set to Manual Focus, a sliding bar appears on the screen, and the focus point can be manually adjusted.
You can adjust the sliding bar shown below by dragging it.
(During vertical display)
- If the Touch Shutter function is active, touch the screen to take a picture.
- Tapto adjust the focus point within the AF area displayed on the screen. By dragging the AF area, you can adjust its position. When using MF Assist (see below), the focus point will be set to the center position of the screen.
- Each time the following buttons are tapped, the peaking setting will switch.
When the peaking is active, in-focus portions are highlighted with color.*
|:||The detection level for in-focus portions is High.|
|:||The detection level for in-focus portions is Low.|
|:||In-focus portions are not highlighted.|
* Depending on the recording mode, this function may not operate.
- MF ASSIST
(Displaying the MF Assist)
- Double tap (tap twice in quick succession) or pinch out (spread apart two fingers) to switch to the MF Assist screen and display the enlarged screen.*
* This can only be performed with the Touch Shutter function disabled.
- Each timeis tapped, the enlarged display will switch between a windowed screen display and a full screen display. You can scroll by dragging the screen.
- By tapping/, you can zoom in / zoom out (by 0.1×). With a long tap, you can zoom in / zoom out by 1×.
- You can also zoom in / zoom out by pinching out (spreading two fingers) or pinching in (bringing two fingers together.)
- Tap [Reset] to return the magnified position to the center.
(Closing the MF Assist)
- Double tap the screen or tap [Exit] to close MF Assist.
Changes to digital camera operation
If the digital camera is used while using the remote function on smartphone, the smartphone remote function will be stopped, and digital camera operations will be given priority.
- During digital camera operation, [Camera operation is in progress.] is displayed, and it cannot perform smartphone operations. Specifically, when the digital camera is in Playback mode, [Camera operation is in progress.] will continue to display. If you want to resume smartphone operation, please switch the digital camera itself to recording mode.
Creating a video with [Stop Motion Animation]
Shoot a stationary object like a doll while moving it bit by bit to create a video that looks as if it is moving by connecting these images.
1. Set the drive mode dial of the digital camera to [ ]
2. Press the [MENU/SET] button on the digital camera and select [Rec] > [Time Lapse/Animation] > [Stop Motion Animation]
(When confirming recorded images)
- You can confirm recorded images by tappingand going to the playback screen.
4. Move the subject and set the composition
- Repeat taking still pictures as before.
5. Tap [Complete] to exit recording
6. Select method for creating video
Set the quality, frame rate, and sequence.
7. Tap [Execute]
- Pictures recorded in [Stop Motion Animation] will be displayed together in a single Picture group. If only a single image is recorded, it will not be recorded as a Picture group.
- Created videos will be saved in MP4 recording format.
- In some cases, [Stop Motion Animation] cannot be used depending on the recording mode.