Q12. What can I do to prevent Uneven aging (image retention) when viewing cable or satellite music channels, or channels with stationary logos?
Plasma televisions are shipped from the factory with the contrast control at a high setting to provide a bright picture under typical dealer's showroom lighting conditions. In your home, the room light levels are usually one half or less than that in retailer's showroom.
Therefore, when the plasma is initially installed, it is best to do the following:
- Make sure the display is in a viewing mode (aspect ratio) that completely fills the screen. The panel is shipped in this condition, in what is called the "Just" mode.
- Turn down the Picture control (contrast level) to 50%(center) or less.
- Briefly engage the 4:3 mode and confirm the side bars are set to "Mid", or "Bright". This can be adjusted in the Set Up menu.
- Always return the display mode that fills the screen (such as Just, Zoom, Full, H-FILL or 4:3 Full).
For models with "H-FILL" or "4:3 Full " mode, please see
"Q5. What does the Aspect button control?" for further information.
- Avoid any static images (video games, computer images, DVD title screens, etc.) during the first one hundred hours.