SC-AKX38 Software Update service (UK)
Step 4. Decompress the downloaded file
Check the file size of the downloaded file and decompress it. (Supported for Windows only.)
- Checking the file size
Right click on the downloaded software, and select "Properties". Make sure that the size of the file is the same as the size listed on the download page.
If the file size differs, please download it again. After checking the size, click [OK] and the "Properties" window will close.
- Decompressing the file
Double click the downloaded software and decompress it.
The decompressed file will be named as "AKX38.FRM".
Step 5. Preparing the USB device
Before start creating the update USB device, please check update file to make sure it has correct file name.
It is important to use the correct file, otherwise USB version up process will not work.
Below are the file name and file for your reference:
- Please prepare USB device which memory is less than 32GB and file format FAT or FAT32. (not support exFAT)
- To create USB update, copy the FRM file (depends on model) into USB root folder.
Do not rename the file as the updating process will look for above naming. If different name, version up process will not work.
Step 6. Software Update
- During the updating process, do not disconnect the AC power supply cord.
- Do not press any buttons, except as instructed. Failure to do so may result in the set becoming unresponsive which will require repair.
- Turn on the main unit.
- Select "USB B" using [USB] button on the remote or [USB/CD] button on the main unit. Insert USB device (With FRM file inside)
- During the updating process, the display will gradually change from "UPD 0%" up to "UPD 100%".
- When "SUCCESS" display appears, remove USB then unplug ac cable. Software updating process is now completed.
- Follow 'Step 1: Check the software version currently installed in your SC-AKX38' to confirm the updated software version. It should be according to the 'Update version' from the above 'Update Information' table.
In the event the software update process is interrupted, please follow these steps. Please note that software recovery is possible in USB port only.
- Unplug the AC power supply and remove the USB device from the USB port.
- Plug in the AC power supply.
- When the set displays "INSERT ↔ USB B", plug in the USB device back to USB port.
The display will then show "RECOVERY", then it will proceed with the recovery process. The display will gradually change from "UPD 0%" up to "UPD 100%".
In case the set display does not change to "RECOVERY", plug out and plug in the USB device to USB port. Repeat this until the USB device is properly detected.
When "SUCCESS" display appears, unplug USB then AC out supply. Software recovery process is now complete.
- After updating process successfully finished, delete the update file (AKX38.FRM) from the USB device. Otherwise, updating process will start again if insert this USB device to this unit.
- If you found that the model is working abnormally after updating the software, confirm that you have downloaded the correct updating file according to your model's region or not. If it is not correct, re-select the correct region for your model and redo the downloading and updating process again.
If you have any problems after installing the new software, please contact the Global Support.