Text begins from here.
DMC-CM1 Software update service
About downloading service
We would like to thank you for purchasing Panasonic DMC-CM1.
From this site, you'll be able to easily download the latest software to enhance the product's performance.
In addition, You can update even DMC-CM1 without using the PC. Please refer to the Operating instruction for details.
We have released the update program to Android5.0.
Android5.0 introduces a bold new visual style, improves performance, and adds features.
Before updating, please check the following precautions.
Precautions about updating Android
- We strongly recommended downloading the update file via Wi-Fi network because the file is very large.
- The update file download and update process may take some time.
- If your DMC-CM1 is connected to a network, update notifications will be displayed as they come.
However, please be aware that notification may take a few days.
- If you update to Android 5.0, you cannot revert back to Android 4.4.
- To apply this update, you must have at least 500 MB free on your device.
- After the update is complete, a message indicating that you have low free space may be displayed. In that case, delete any unnecessary data and restart your device.
- Perform system update with sufficient battery strength remaining.
- During system update, telephone calls, messages, various communication functions and other functions cannot be used.
- The unit may become warm during system update. This is not a problem.
The file for updating to Android 5.0 has been released.
Android 5.0 features a new visual style, improved performance, and added functions.
- Starting with Android 5.0, notifications such as new messages are now displayed on the lock screen.
Those who do not need notifications can hide them in [Settings] > [Sound & notification] > [When device is locked].
- Some of the unlocking methods have changed.
- When set to Slide
The key icon in Android 4.4 is no longer displayed. You can unlock the screen by flicking upward from anywhere on the screen.
- When set to Pattern, PIN, or Password
In Android 4.4, the unlock screen is displayed when the screen is turned on. It is not displayed in Android 5.0.
The unlock screen is displayed by flicking upward from anywhere on the screen.
In Android 4.4, the quick menu is displayed by dragging the status bar downward > tapping .
In Android 5.0, the quick menu is displayed by dragging the status bar downward > dragging downward again.
- If you tap [Flashlight] in the quick menu, the flash turns on and you can use it as a flashlight. However, be aware that the camera lens will move. Also, turn off the light before using the camera because the camera cannot start while the light is on.
- After using the [Portable Wi-Fi hotspot] function, [Hotspot] will be added to the quick menu.
Users & profiles function
This update supports a multi-user function, which allows multiple users to use this device.
However, please be aware of the following restrictions.
- Other users cannot view data, such as pictures, that is saved in the internal storage. However, all users can view and edit data that is saved in the microSD card.
- Users other than the owner user cannot use some functions such as [Display adjustment], [Factory data reset], or [Device Error information].
- The camera cannot be started with the camera switch for about 30 seconds after changing users.
- The live wallpapers [Magic Smoke], [Nexus], and [Water] that were included in Android 4.4 have been removed in this Android update. Please be aware that if you are using any of the mentioned wallpapers, it will be set to the default wallpaper after the update.
- Starting up for the first time after resetting the data may take about 5 minutes.
- You may not be able to use some applications downloaded from the Play Store because they may not be supported in Android 5.0.
- Android 5.0 adds a setting that vibrates only for important notifications in [Settings] > [Sound & notification].
When this setting is on, icon is displayed in the status bar.
- When selecting a telecommunications carrier, multiple networks from the same carrier may be displayed depending on your area.
There is no problem selecting any one network.
How to update Android
If your DMC-CM1 is connected to a network, update notifications will be displayed as they come.
Follow the instructions on the screen to update Android.
Those not connected to a network can update Android by copying the update file that was downloaded with a PC to a microSD Memory Card.