- remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- remembering information you’ve given so you don’t need to keep entering it
- analysing how you use the website to improve the way it works for you, to make sure that you find what you’re looking for easily, and to ensure it meets your needs
- monitoring the efficiency of our advertising
2. What cookies we use and how we use them
Measuring website usage
- Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how people use this Website. We do this to make sure it is meeting its users’ needs and to understand how we could do things better.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store your name or address so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
Please see Google Analytics Cookie Usageon Websites for more information.
These settings will typically be found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the 'Help' option in your browser for more details.
Turn off anonymous Google Analytics cookies: You can install a Google Analytics browser "plug in" to prevent the website sending information about your visit to Google Analytics. More information about this can be found below.
If you would like to find out more about cookies and their wider use, you may find the following links of interest: